Wednesday 8 October 2014

News from Diplomatist Books #1


For quite a while I was determined to compartmentalise this blog and Diplomatist Books on the (very English!) basis of not wanting to bother my readership with anything so grubby as Commerce.  Some of you will have noticed this resolve slipping in the last few months, and the odd reference slipping in.  This is for a couple of reasons

  • I don't feel I have anything to be ashamed with here - if you have a decent product, you should be proud of it
  • The subject matter of this blog and the stock Diplomatist Books carries overlap
  • A trail run paying for and ad on a blog with fewer visitors than this blog focused my mind somewhat!
But rest assured, there's going to be no hard sell and you're not going to be inundated with marketing!



Who Are Diplomatist Books?

Basically me, working out of my spare room.  For decades I've enjoyed buying books and trying to find bargains.  I've decided to try and put that vice to a productive use!

What Do We Sell?

Mainly second-hand, but also a growing number of remaindered books (that is, publishers' warehouse surplus, mostly in mint condition but at a fraction of the cover price).


For the moment I've decided to focus on military and naval history (and associated fields such as wargaming), but if you go across to the website you'll also be able to download lists on Archaeology & Early History (to 1000AD), and the History of Exploration.  In the future I may include other areas.

How Do I Learn More?

If you want to ask any questions, feel free to do so - either by commenting here, or by using the contact form on the webpage.


I will try to post any news or developments here regularly, but for day-to-day news why not sign up to our Facebook Page?  There, along with book reviews and any other interesting snippets, you'll find the lastest updates (including news of any flash  sales).

4 comments:

  1. Nothing to be ashamed of Edwin, I think regular updates are just the ticket. It seems only sensible to use the popularity of this splendid blog to inform the masses - as it were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as I always say, it's your blog so you can do what you want. It's unashamed promotion, yes, but it's common practice and it's a fine book source well worth promoting. The proprietor's a bit dodgy mind, but you can't win'em all.

    ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fine with it. Just went through your book list and there are some real gems in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with the others. Use the blog Edwin!

    ReplyDelete