Monday 7 July 2014

The Norwich Lanes Fayre

This weekend Norwich celebrated a new Lord Mayor and Sheriff

.  
We skipped the Lord Mayor's Parade (with fireworks!) on Saturday because I'm too miserable a git to enjoy watching pasty white youths from stage school pretending they are part of the Brazilian carnival scene or Jamaican street culture.  But on Sunday we went along to the 'Lanes Fayre' (despite the spelling).

And - pathetic break dancing and performance poets (!!!) aside - it was a great afternoon out.  I may go again.

We started in the coffee shop, as illustrators Gemma Correll and 
AnthonZinonos were selling their wares







Sadly I missed these guys....



Visitors come to Norwich from all over...




8 comments:

  1. OMG - the City's guilds have raised Cthulhu!

    Looks like a fun "fayre"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he one of the regular visitors to Norwich? Its in the Necronomicion I swear!

      Delete
    2. Thought that was Dunwich, but could explain the "NFN" notation some doctors and nurses allegedly used.... ;)

      Delete
    3. The Doom that came to Norwich.

      Delete
  2. When I saw the first photo I had a momentary fear that you had over dressed for the occasion. I'm glad to see you had a good time proclaiming your allegiance to Cthulhu along with the rest of the village.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's heartening to see that the Church's interfaith outreach program in Norwich is working so well.

      Delete
  3. Never trust them as wears big hats and chains - they know not with what things they deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good pics - it reminds me that i used to visit Norwich fairly regularly, as a guest of a large and rather old-fashioned financial institution, and used to be terrorised by a man with a very short fuse whose name was Albert (possibly). It always struck me that I should visit the place again, in peacetime. I think it was a good idea - I should do something about it.

    ReplyDelete