Saturday 8 March 2014

Paint Table Saturday



Paint Table Saturday has rolled around again.  Go across to Sofie's to see who else is taking part.

This is a snap I took of my table before heading out this morning:-



I must say, I'm not sure if I've done any painting at all this week.

The main thing on the desk is my submission for the Analogue Painting Challenge's next (and last) bonus round - Last Stands.  The eagle-eyed among you will realise that it's going to be the General Gordon at Khartoum.  I'm sure I won't be the only one to choose this subject or to use Perry's vignette - so I won't be getting any extra points for originality!

The only other thing worth mentioning are the tulips - it's getting Spring-like!   Hurrah!

9 comments:

  1. I see we are both battling with similar themes Edwin, hope you have a good day on the brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When are you going to share yours? Or is there a secret twist?

      Delete
  2. Hola
    Buena mesa de pintura,a tentó a mas un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo. Another Gordon! I really am going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor General Gordon - he is having a bad year!

    I recall a priceless moment in that old film "Khartoum", where Laurence Olivier (blacked up to play the Mahdi) explains to general Gordon (Charlton Heston, of all people) the signs and portents that indicated that he was indeed the prophesied one; "Upon my cheek is the mole; between my teeth... the thpathe."

    Comedy gold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with that Edwin and I am looking forward to seeing this completed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, I like you painting desk. Is it overlooking a garden? Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little gravel patch and hedge between the house and the street. The blue is the tarp which covers the (now depleted) woodpile.

      Delete